Tuesday, October 11, 2011

otg - Ch. 2 - let's be thankful

Some books immediately captivate me...others don't. The impatience in me generally leads me to walk away from the latter vs. muddle my way through it. However - since I committed to this little 'online book club' - I will not accept defeat - if for nothing more than as a personal challenge.

So what am I saying? The book just hasn't captivated me yet. The style of writing I find a bit difficult to follow, but nonetheless...Chapter 2.

Perhaps what I gleaned from the chapter could be summarized in this...

Be Thankful.

Seems simple enough but let's take it a step further...

Be Thankful...for everything.

The good...and the bad.

Health...

and sickness.

Promotion...

and job loss.

Birth...

and death.

Be Thankful.

Now that carries more weight.

I don't think I want to dive in too deep here...but let this resonate. Why on earth should we be thankful for the very things that break our hearts?

This song comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment