Sunday, October 16, 2011

otg - Ch. 3 - make a list

Ok...I had a breakthrough with the book. I merely needed to reach Chapter 3.

Introducing...The List.

I have an idea where we are going now with the one thousand gifts thing...one thousand ordinary yet strikingly extraordinary gifts from our Creator. And the real treasure is found...in their naming.

I'm raising a challenge...to anyone whose eyes graze this post...start your list...one thousand blessings...gifts you already have.

Add a few from your list by commenting below...here's a start to mine (admittedly inspired by my current visit to the North Carolina mountains)

1) Falling asleep to a cricket serenade
2) Waking up to a perfectly visible moon - in the morning sky
3) The changing fall colors
4) Closing my eyes and feeling the breeze blow across my face
5) Being far enough into the country that the only audible sounds are those of nature

What about you? How would your list begin?

2 comments:

  1. After reading chapter 3, I couldnt wait to start my list! I was so thankful for everything I laid my eyes on. I was more aware of all the things I had been taking for granted and it was all in front of me.

    My list started like this:
    1. My running partner waiting on me in the early morning hours
    2. Autumn's cool wind stinging my eyes in the early morning(I normally didnt think I liked the cool air)
    3. My puppy's wet nose muzzling my hand
    4. The quiet in the morning before the caos starts

    It gets longer and longer the more thought I put into it. I cant believe how moved I get each time I name a gift. Is it so simple, to fully appreciate life and what He has given us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Cannons deep voice, so raspy at least twice a week people comment how cute it is. It took me a while to appreciate it as many times it is what is soo frustrating about his whining :-)
    2. Carson wanting to be carried when no one is around, just so he can feel little again.
    3. The crunching leaves under my feet
    4. The caller i.d. saying shauns number before i actually pick up the phone. I still get that rush of excitement like Im a teenager and my boyfriend is calling :-)
    5. The absolute stillness at night when the only one awake is me. I ♥ the quiet & dark. Ive always been a night owl.

    ReplyDelete